Using the Lucid Meetings extension for Google Chrome, you can schedule and update meetings in Lucid directly from your Google Calendar and start new meetings from your browser.
About this Integration
When you use the Lucid Meetings Chrome Extension, you'll see:
The Lucid icon in your Chrome extensions bar.
Clicking the icon gives you instant access to:
- Start an ad-hoc “Meet Now!” meeting
- Go to your meetings for the day
- See open action items and mark them complete
On your Google Calendar, you’ll see:
- A link to create a Lucid Meeting tied to an event on your calendar
- A link to the Lucid meeting and dial-in details in the event description
When you schedule a Lucid meeting using the Google extension, Lucid will automatically keep track of any updates, including:
- Adding or removing people invited to the meeting
- The meeting name
- The meeting date and time
- The schedule for repeated meetings
- Cancellations and deleted events
The Lucid Chrome Extension is available to all Lucid Meetings accounts.
How to Use Lucid Meetings with Google Chrome
To Install the Chrome Extension:
- Get the Chrome Extension from the Google Chrome Store here:
- You will see an Options screen. Enter the URL of the Lucid Meetings instance you use, and select the Meeting room you want to use by default when scheduling new meetings. For everyone using a free or month-to-month business subscription, the URL is: meet.lucidmeetings.com
- Select the Google Account you want to use with Lucid Meetings, and grant Lucid permission to access your calendar. If you do not yet have a Lucid Meetings account, a new Lucid account will be created for you with a free 14-day trial.
We ask for access to read and write your Google calendar events so we can get event details from Google to update your meeting in Lucid, and can update your Google calendar when you change the details of your meeting in Lucid.
To Schedule a Lucid Meeting from Google Calendar
NOTE: You must have Room Manager access in at least one Lucid meeting room to use this feature.
- Create a new Google Calendar event, or click Edit on an existing event.
- You will see a new Lucid Meetings line under the event title. Click “Make this a Lucid meeting!”
- Select the meeting room and template to use in the pop-up, then click Save. After a brief pause, you'll see a link to the new Lucid meeting and meeting details will appear in your event description.
- Click to Save your changes on the Google Calendar event.
To Change a Lucid Meeting from Google Calendar
- Click on the event in Google Calendar, then click Edit.
- Change the title, date, time or invitation list, then click Save. Alternatively, you can reschedule events in Google or Lucid by dragging and dropping them on the calendar.
To Instantly Start a New Lucid Meeting from Google Chrome
- Click to open the Lucid Chrome Extension
- Select the Meeting room you’d like to use, then click 'Start Meeting >'.
- You will see a new browser tab open up, with a new Lucid Meeting starting. Meet Now! will start the new meeting using your meeting room’s default meeting template. You will be the only person invited to this meeting.
To update or change the agenda, click the ‘Agenda’ button in the bottom menu, then click Edit or Organize. See Editing the Agenda
To invite more people to the meeting, click the ‘Invite more’ button in the ‘Attendees’ box. This will open a window where you can select from people in your meeting room, or paste in the email address of anyone you’d like to invite. See Inviting people to a meeting in progress
To Update Action Items from Google Chrome
- Click to open the Lucid Chrome Extension.
- Click the Action Items tab.
- You will see your next 5 action items due soon.
- To mark an item complete, click the checkbox.
- To update the action item, see more details, and see all your action items, click the ‘View all action items > ‘ button to open your Lucid action items in a new browser tab.
To Update or Delete the Lucid Chrome Extension
- In the Google Chrome application menu, select Window > Extensions.
- Find the Lucid Meetings extension.
- To change the account you’re using for this extension, click Options, then ‘Change or update’ to connect the extension to a different account.
- To delete the extension, click the trash can icon in the extensions list.
I have more than one Google account. Can I connect them both to my Lucid Meetings account?
No. Each Lucid Meetings account can be connected to a single Google account.
I picked the wrong template in Google Calendar. How can I change the meeting to a different template?
You can change the meeting template in Lucid Meetings. Click the link to open the Lucid meeting. Click the ‘More’ tab, then scroll down to click ’Select a different template for this meeting’.
How do I remove a Lucid Meeting from a Google event?
You can delete the event in Lucid, which will remove the link in your Google event. Visit the meeting, then use the drop-down and select ‘Delete meeting’.
NOTE: Deleting the Lucid event does NOT change the event description in your Google Calendar, nor does it cancel the event on your Google Calendar. You may want to edit these in Google to clarify that you won’t be using Lucid for that event.
If you want to delete the event from your Google Calendar entirely, do so using Google Calendar.
I deleted an event on my Google Calendar, but it shows up as cancelled in Lucid. Why?
This ensures that anyone who received an invitation to the event in the past will see a clear message when they visit the Lucid meeting link in their invitation.
You can permanently delete the meeting from Lucid by following the instructions above.
Do I need to use "sign in with Google" with Lucid to use the Chrome extension?
No, you certainly can, but it's not required.
Must I use my Google email address with Lucid Meetings?
No, you'll explicitly tell us which account to connect when you install the Chrome extension, so we don't need your email address in Lucid Meetings to match the one you use with Google Calendar.